Thursday, May 14, 2015

Lush Cosmetics






Many of you might not know this but I have a secret obsession and it's Lush !


Normally I'm not one to spend much money on things people won't see, however I feel like cosmetics are an exception for me. Maybe its because my mom put such an emphasis on "treating your self"(Ok I may be the only one, but now when ever I think of that phrase I think of "Treat Yo Self" in Parks in Recreation with Donna and Tom!). I feel that putting in the extra time to have a bubble bath really helps my self esteem. As high school girl I am very self-conscious and by spending a little extra time on my self helps to make my life seem clearer. 


Now the reason why I chose Lush Cosmetics as my go-to for cosmetics is, well lets put it in a list:

  1. They are known for using fresh ingredients in their products and not for using harmful chemicals.
  2. Animal friendly, they do not test on animals which I fully support. I love animals, and ever since I watched "Legally Blond 2" when I became aware that animals were actually tested on, it broke my heart.
  3. Lush is the perfect gift for my vegetarian/vegan friends. I always have a hard time finding them gifts and I feel it's showing extra thought and care when I chose a present that promotes vegetarian/vegan lifestyle. Also I'm awful at wrapping presents and it comes in wrapping already!


I could go on and on about how much I love Lush but you get the idea. Lush can be pricey, so if you are on a budget it may be harder to find something in your price range their, however I feel it is worth it. 

Anyone else Lush Fanatics, or another awesome Cosmetics shop, please tell me in the comments!



Now here are some of my favourite Lush Products at the moment:




I just started experimenting with Lush's shampoo and found one that I enjoy. It's called Curlly Wurly and is made of coconuts, I typically don't like the smell of coconuts but this is an exception. I enjoyed the sense and felt like I was definitely getting my money worth of the product. I don't know if you can see from the picture but it's not your typical shampoo it has a real thick consistency (because of the coconut shreds), a little goes a long way. price $25.95 usd.


Ok, so the American Cream has to be my favourite conditioner I have ever tried. I first got a small bottle of it (3.3 oz) but new I had to get more! It smells like a strawberry milkshake (which are my favourite) mixed with vanilla. price for 16.9 oz (one seen in the picture) is $32.95 usd.


Here are two products I got from a Lush gift that my sis gave to me. Happy Hippy is a shower jell with a grape fruit sense. I love grapefruit so it smells luxurious! price $9.50 usd
Vanilla Puff Powder is my go-to for a scent that I can put on easily when I am on the go. A little goes a long way so I love it! price $6.95 usd


I love Lush Sea Spray it smells delicious and it adds texture to hair! 
price: $12.95 usd





Here is a picture I got from the online Lush store, one of their rapped presents and it's just so cute and convenient too!


With a heart of love and a pocket of sincerity,

Mandy





No comments:

Post a Comment